Duubee gained a strong foothold in Colombian market with the alliance between Cencosud
Last week, the alliance between Duubee Intelligent and Cencosud (Centros Comerciales Sudamericanos S.A.) was finalized. As a publicly traded multinational retail company, Cencosud is the third largest listed retail company in Latin America,which allows the commercialization of Duubee smartphones in the main Colombian supermarkets such as Jumbo and Metro.
According to Angel Felipe Maldonado, Country Manager for Duubee: “This alliance is a milestone for the company because it allows us to have a broad participation in the country’s technological market. From the beginning, we always consideredCencosud due to its strong presence in the retail sector.”
This is undoubtedly an important step within the commercial strategy of Duubee, since Cencosud represents a business consortium with strong operations in South America. From its beginnings in mid-2007, by 2015 the Chilean consortium already had a hundred stores in Colombia: 44 Metro, 36 Jumbo and 20 Metro Express.
Duubee enters the market with two new smartphone models: Duubee GAIA and E1. Duubee E1 debuted in the United States in early May, Duubee GAIA will be launched in Colombia as its first stop to enter the Latin American market. This powerful device Duubee Gaia has the following features:
- 18:9+5.7″ HD screen, with a much clearer visual experience.
- Slim body with sexy curve on the back, which is a pleasure to touch.
- 13MP+5MP dual rear camera, highlighting the main subject with lively details.
- 8MP selfie camera with soft light, giving customers natural and awesome selfies.
- Octa-core processor Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 450, high efficiency with low power consumption.
- Dual band wi-fi, for faster and more stable Internet access.
- 4G+ full band coverage with CA further improves network speed, giving a faster and richer network experience.
- Duubee OS 1.5, based on latest Android 8.1 Oreo, provides a warm and friendly experience.
Duubee enters Colombia with a proposal based on economically accessible devices, without compromising the quality and performance of their devices. According to Stephanie Páez O’Meara, Marketing Coordinator, LATAM for Duubee, “Our bet is to offer devices that are accessible to Colombians. We believe that it does not make sense to flood the market with extremely expensive smartphones. Despite this, our components are at the forefront of mobile technology in the global market. ”
By Javier Osorio